11/12 January - Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
Time & Location
About the Event
This interactive course is delivered live via Zoom over 2 mornings (9.30am - 1.00pm). An additional 45 minute assessment takes place at a convenient time, via Zoom.
Regulated by Ofqual/SQA
- What is first aid for mental health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs & alcohol
- First aid for mental health action plan
- First aid for mental health in the workplace
- Specific time dedicated to understanding a range of conditions including PTSD, anxiety, eating disorders, suicide, self-harm, depression, psychosis, bipolar, schizophrenia & stress
- 3.5 hours x 2 - interactive training sessions, with a qualified trainer, delivered via Zoom.
- Access to full training course materials online for 3 months.
- One-to-one discussion and assessment with a qualified trainer (on top of the 7 hours) via Zoom
All training materials are provided including a First Aid for Mental Health handbook. A qualification certificate and mental health first aider e-badge is provided on successful completion of the course and assessment.
Who is the course for?
- For anyone with an interest in mental health and a desire to help others by having the knowledge to recognise suspected mental health conditions and be able to start a conversation with someone, and to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
- You will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health and how to put this in place to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
- For those interested in understanding and recognising a range of different mental health condition, including signs and symptoms.
- Managers, HR colleagues, Supervisors and Mental Health First Aiders.
Accessing the course
You will be sent Zoom details prior to the course.
Upon successful completion of the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded the Ofqual regulated Award in Supervising First Aid in Mental Health at SCQF Level 6 (Ofqual Level 3). This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training. The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.
“Excellent course, really helped me in my job. Trainer was superb and very relatable that made it very easy for me to learn, always happy to answer any questions. I would highly recommend!” Steven Johnston, Falkirk Community Trust
- Online£169+£33.80 VAT£169+£33.80 VAT0£0