Time & Location
Time is TBD
About the Event
Regulated by Ofqual/SQA
SCQF Level 6 Award: Award in Leading First Aid for Mental Health at SCQF Level 6
- What is first aid for mental health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs & alcohol
- First aid for mental health action plan
- First aid for mental health in the workplace
- Specific time dedicated to understanding a range of conditions including PTSD, anxiety, eating disorders, suicide, self-harm, depression, psychosis, bipolar, schizophrenia & stress
Total qualification time is 14 hours of learning. Distance learning (online) - includes full audio guidance throughout. We also have a dedicated First Aid for Mental Health online Community for all learners through our training website. The remaining time is based on individual study using the materials provided. The trainer will be available via email to answer any questions throughout the course duration.
Resources provided including a 96-page First Aid for Mental Health Manual. A qualification certificate is provided on successful completion of the course.
Who is the course for?
- For anyone with an interest in mental health and a desire to help others by having the knowledge to recognise suspected mental health conditions and be able to start a conversation with someone, and to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
- You will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health and how to put this in place to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
- For those interested in understanding and recognising a range of different mental health condition, including signs and symptoms.
- Managers, HR colleagues, Supervisors and Mental Health First Aiders.
Accessing the course
Upon booking, you will be sent login details to access the course. You will also be sent the e-manual by email.
Upon successful completion of the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded the Ofqual regulated Award in Leading First Aid in Mental Health at SCQF Level 6 (Ofqual Level 3). This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training. The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.
“Excellent course, really helped me in my job. Trainer was superb and very relatable that made it very easy for me to learn, always happy to answer any questions. I would highly recommend!” Steven Johnston, Falkirk Community Trust
£125 (Inc VAT)£125.00Tax: VAT included