(2/2/21) First Aid for Mental Health Training
Time & Location
About the Event
First Aid for Mental Health - Regulated by Ofqual/SQA
This interactive course is delivered live via Zoom (9.30am - 1.00pm). An additional 1 hour assessment takes place at a convenient time, via Zoom.
Award in First Aid for Mental Health at SCQF Level 5 (FAA Level 2)
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs & alcohol
- First aid for mental health action plan
- First aid for mental health in the workplace
- 3.5 hours - interactive training sessions, with a qualified trainer, delivered via Zoom.
- Access to full training course materials online for 3 months.
- One-to-one discussion and assessment with a qualified trainer (on top of the 3.5 hours) via Zoom
Resources provided including a 96-page First Aid for Mental Health e-Manual. A qualification certificate is provided on successful completion of the course.
Who is the course for?
For anyone with an interest in mental health and a desire to help others by having the knowledge to recognise suspected mental health conditions and be able to start a conversation with someone, and to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
You will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health and how to put this in place to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
How to access the course
We will send Zoom details prior to the course. You will also receive the First Aid for Mental Health e-manual by email.
Upon successful completion of the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded the Ofqual regulated Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)/Award in First Aid for Mental Health at SCQF Level 5. This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training. The learner will need to complete the full course again to re-qualify for a further three years.
“Excellent course, really helped me in my job. Trainer was superb and very relatable that made it very easy for me to learn, always happy to answer any questions. I would highly recommend!” Steven Johnston, Falkirk Community Trust
- Zoom£125+£25 VAT£125+£25 VAT0£0