Become a qualified Mental Health First Aider
Start learning today with our online courses!
What is First Aid for Mental Health?
First Aid for Mental Health (FAFMH) training is designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. In a similar way to physical First Aid, FAFMH helps attendees recognise these signs, to start a great conversation and to have the confidence to signpost to the appropriate professional support and option of self-care.
Who is it for?
Anyone can attend a FAFMH course as the content and learning provide powerful life skills.
Great for anyone with an interest in mental health and desire to help others
For staff with people responsibilities - these courses provide great insight and practical skills to support colleagues, as well as guidance on how to embed a mentally healthy and positive culture within your organisation.
Which course is right for me?
There are 3 levels - see details for each below.
I like the sound of the course, how does it work?
• Study the courses via distance learning
• Guided self-study
• Guided by a qualified Trainer
• Distance learning resources included
• Assessed via a professional discussion
• Ofqual or SQA Accreditation regulated qualification (Subject to assessment).
We appreciate not everyone wishes to complete an assessment, therefore, we offer two categories of courses;
1. Training only with no formal assessments. This is the same course materials as below, but due to no assessment being undertaken, this course does not lead to a recognised qualification. (You can add this on if you wish at a later date).
2. Training with formal assessments. This includes a 1-1 assessment and leads to a certification of qualification, accredited by SQA/Ofqual.
All our courses are regulated by First Aid Awards (FAA), delivered by qualified instructors and, where applicable, include and certification of qualification, accredited by Ofqual and SQA (Scotland). The learner will need access to a computer with a reasonable internet connection in order to access the distance learning resources and communicate with the Trainer/Assessor.
We can deliver these courses in-house, either online or in-person.
Looking for some guidance? Need more information? No problem! Just drop us an email and we'll get right back to you.
NewbyCore Consulting Limited
64a Cumberland Street | Edinburgh | EH3 6RE
| 01620 249 021
Registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
Company Registration No: SC575795
VAT Registration No: 285903276